The Animal Rescue League of Southern Rhode Island’s goal is to find the best match possible between the animal and the adopting home. To ensure the placement of a pet in to the proper home environment, potential owners are interviewed and must fill out an application for adoption. The application asks information that helps us determine whether the home would be the right one for that particular pet. All applicants must be approved before they adopt a pet.
- Applicant must be 21 years of age or older to adopt an animal.
- If an applicant rents or leases their house or apartment, we will require written or verbal approval from their landlord before they adopt a pet. Homeowners require proof of home ownership.
- Proof that current/previous pets are/were up to date on vaccinations and are/were spayed and/or neutered (unless there was a medical issue prohibiting this) is required.
- If there is a current dog in the household, a meet and greet with the dogs are required
*** The Animal Rescue League reserves the right to refuse any adoption ***
- Rabbits, Guinea Pigs $20.00
- Kittens four months and younger $125.00
- Cats five months and older $90.00
*** Special rates given to purebreds, seniors, multiple cats, long staying cats and FIV+ or cats with special needs.
- Puppies $250.00
*** Per state law, if the animal is not already altered, adopter will be required to place a $100.00 refundable spay/neuter deposit in addition to the adoption fee. If the adopter chooses, he/she can prepay their spay/neuter directly with us, in lieu of refundable deposit and they will receive a spay/neuter voucher, as well as the shelter rate to have their animal spayed/neutered through the RI Spay/Neuter Clinic.
- Dogs six months and older $150.00
*** Special rates given to purebreds, seniors, long staying dogs or dogs with special needs.
- FIV and Feline Leukemia Testing (Cats only)
- Heartworm test and preventative (Dogs only)
- Flea Treatment
- Distemper vaccination and booster (If age appropriate)
- Bordetella vaccination (Dogs only)
- 30 days of pet health insurance
- Free exam certificate to one of our participating veterinarians, which entitles the adopted animal to a free physical exam within 10 days from adoption
- A gift bag with valuable coupons and information
Your adoption has an estimated value of $558.00 for dog/$429.00 for cat